Once thought of as a single retirement funding source, fixed-indexed annuities are becoming part of a retirement strategy. Not only for pre-retirees and those in retirement. Why? First, the reality of Social Security retirement is at risk. As well as the reduction of benefits is a concern as our population ages. Secondly, fixed-income annuities provide an income stream in retirement that you can’t outlive.
Offset Volatile Market Performance
FIAs are used to help offset volatile market performance in retirement. Fixed-indexed annuities help advisors solve the challenge of their clients outliving their money-no matter the market conditions. Advisors are using fixed-indexed annuities, even more, than previously. They can be a source of retirement income to draw from when other retirement assets are at a low valuation. Advisors view fixed-indexed annuities as an essential component to retirement planning due to these features:
- Fixed Indexed annuities provide growth potential through the features of their sub-accounts. Which helps determine the performance (net of expenses) and the amount of money to be paid out. This unique feature helps provide a level of growth, and payments can increase over time.
- Fixed-Indexed annuities offer a tax advantage by allowing the owner to save more through tax deferral by off-setting their income, and they have higher contribution rate limits than traditional pre-tax retirement savings accounts.
- Fixed-Indexed annuities can smooth out a portfolio’s return pattern over time, regardless of market performance.
- Insurance companies issue and guaranteed Fixed-Indexed annuities.
- Fixed-Indexed annuities are tax-deferred accumulation vehicles whose growth benchmarks to a stock market index, rather than an interest rate.
According to Ibbotson Associates, a research practice that provides information to insurance and financial companies and their advisors, fixed-indexed annuities have the potential to outperform other fixed-income investments and help smooth out the return in retirement portfolios.
Questions about FIAs?
If you have questions about fixed-indexed annuities, I am a resource for you. My goal is to help you protect your retirement assets so that they last your long life, regardless of market performance.
Additional Disclosure: The article and links are being provided as a service to you. Please note that the information and opinions included are provided by third parties and have been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed. The information is not intended to be used as the sole basis for financial decisions, nor should it be construed as advice designed to meet the particular needs of an individual’s situation. This presentation is not endorsed or approved by the Social Security Office or any other Government Agency. Planning services are available at additional cost and offered only by appropriately licensed registered investment advisors. Fixed Index Annuities are designed to meet long-term needs for retirement income, and they provide guarantees against the loss of principal and credited interest and offer the reassurance of a death benefit for your beneficiaries.
1057504(c) – 0120
In conclusion, 1st Choice Financial Services, Inc. specializes in providing strategies for those who want a better lifestyle in retirement. We offer our experience and knowledge to help you design a custom strategy for financial independence. Contact us today to schedule an introductory meeting!
Comments are closed.